Monday, January 21, 2019

Monsignor Quixote


Bildergebnis für don quixote 

"I hope - friend - that you sometimes doubt too. It's human to doubt."
"I try not to doubt", the Mayor said. 
"Oh, so do I. So do I. In that we are certainly alike."

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We can't always believe. Just having faith. Like you have, Sancho. Oh, Sancho, Sancho, it's an awful thing not to have doubts. Suppose all Marx wrote was proved to be absolute truth and Lenin's works too."
"I'd be glad, of course."
"I wonder".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's sort of exciting," the girl said as she settled herself down, "but it's terribly, terribly sad, of course. I feel like I was in church."

In: Graham Green, Monsignor Quixote

No comments:

Post a Comment